Whether in the courtroom, during arbitration proceedings or at the negotiation table, Victoria helps clients navigate the litigation process by providing confident and capable representation targeted to protect and advance her client’s best interests.
Victoria’s litigation practice is concentrated in commercial, civil and, insurance litigation. She litigates a wide variety of matters including contract, real estate and mixed use developments disputes as well as, insurance coverage, insurance defense, commercial business, and ad valorem tax matters.
It could stem from her passion for hunting or her belief in integrity and candid advocacy – Victoria is always a straight shooter. Her direct and straightforward approach with clients provides them critical legal advice and an honest evaluation of their cause. Victoria is committed to insure the client has all the facts and a full understanding of possible outcomes to enable them make the most optimal decisions for their businesses.
Out of the office, Victoria is an avid traveler who has experienced cultures all over the world. She brings that global perspective and wide array of unique experiences to her practice and client relationships. Sometimes the law tries to force complex issues into clean and simple, black and white boxes. “I understand my clients live in a world of grey, with messy facts. Not all issues can be reduced to black or white and legal decisions cannot be made in a vacuum. My commitment in my practice is to understand my clients’ unique grey and translate it into practical legal solutions and optimal outcomes that best serve their interests and their businesses.”
- Southern Methodist University – J.D., cum laude, 2018
- Santa Clara University – B.A., magna cum laude, 2014
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Professional Activities and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Member of the Advisory Board of the East End Theater Company
- Effectively represented a national insurance company and obtained favorable resolutions against alleged violations of Texas and federal law, contract and claim disputes, and class actions
- Obtained a million dollar judgment for a litigation client, arising out of violations of a settlement agreement on a breach of fiduciary duty case
- Successfully defended a national insurance company in a reinsurance claim dispute in Arbitration.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a client for wrongful allegations of breach of contract
- Successfully defended an insurance company in a reinsurance claims dispute in Arbitration.
- Obtained no evidence summary judgment for a veteran owned business for improper claims of breach of contract and fraud
- Effectively represented a non-profit and two hotel corporations in a multi-district asbestos litigation