Melissa E. Palmer draws upon her varied litigation background to advance her clients’ interests with sound and practical legal advice to anticipate, prepare, avoid or successfully litigate disputes in insurance and business matters.
Melissa has experience in a diverse arena of litigation from medical malpractice to premise liability and complex commercial and insurance matters. She primarily concentrates on insurance and commercial litigation. She has experience navigating complex litigation and prides herself on offering practical advice focused on obtaining the best outcome for her clients.
Melissa has successfully obtained numerous Summary Judgments for her clients. She has tried cases to juries as well as settled countless cases, including wrongful death cases.
Melissa has represented major retailers, including Sears and Wal-Mart in products liability, contract, security and premise liability actions. She has also represented major hospitals and physicians in malpractice claims. She is experienced in handling both first and third party insurance litigation involving health, professional liability, life and property claims.
- University of Houston Law Center – J.D., cum laude, 1997
- University of Houston – B.A., 1994
- Supreme Court of Texas, 1998
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court Western District of Texas
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Association of Women Attorneys
- Houston Bar Association
- Southwest Houston Chamber of Commerce
- HOA board member, 2005-2008 and 2010-2014
- Volunteer for Casa de Esperanza
- Member of Gulf Coast Mensa
- Member of Harris County Democratic Lawyers Association