Marc puts his many years of public service prior to becoming an attorney to work for his clients. He has previously served as an Assistant Insurance Commissioner for the state of Oklahoma and worked on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. handling, among others, such issues as national security, Second Amendment, small business, veterans’ affairs, and sportsmen’s issues for a United States Congressman.
Marc litigates a wide-range of complex business issues, frequently involving contract, real property, insurance, trust, and ad valorem property disputes. Marc represents clients at both the trial and appellate levels. Marc also advises clients on the impact to their industries or businesses due to administrative rule and statutory changes.
Marc is a combat veteran who retired with more than 24 years of service. His service includes three mobilizations since 9/11, including two deployments to the Middle East as part of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
- The University of Texas School of Law – J.D.
- Order of the Barristers
- Texas International Law Journal, 50th Anniversary Executive Editor
- Philip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition, Team Co-Captain and oral advocate award winner
- The University of Oklahoma – B.A.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Professional Activities and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- International Law Section
- Legislative and Campaign Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Military and Veteran Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Texas International Law Journal Alumni Board President
- United States Army/Army National Guard, Commissioned Officer (Retired)
- Municipal Utility District #45, Director
- Successfully defended property owner from adverse possession and related complicated real property claims.
- Successfully prosecuted case of breach of contract and related business claims on behalf of investors reaching favorable judgment.
- Represented parties in dozens of residential, commercial, and industrial ad valorem property cases.
- Won a complete victory for property developer against claims seeking to deprive it of ownership and related rights to its property. This case included complicated real property issues involving, among other things, water, submerged land, and unrecorded purported property instruments. The final judgment included an award of more than $240,000 in fees and costs.
- Marc D. Young, Introduction: Celebrating 50 Years, 50 Tex. Int’l L.J. 545 (2016)