A trusted advisor and veteran business litigator, Joe Fulcher, the Managing Partner of the firm, protects his clients’ interests in disputes and throughout the litigation process, as well as providing critical legal advice for ongoing business operations
Joe’s diverse litigation practice is concentrated in commercial litigation, insurance, and environmental matters. The wide range of complex business issues he litigates also involve contract, real estate, construction, employment, insurance coverage, and lender liability disputes. In addition, Joe has significant experience handling litigation matters involving satellite and cable communications piracy, joint ventures, partnerships, trade secret misappropriation, and securities fraud. Deeply committed to ensuring the best outcome for his clients, he views his practice as a partnership, prioritizing their interests and educating them on various options and potentialities. Through his dedication to client service, candid advocacy and personal integrity, Joe builds lasting and meaningful relationships, bringing value to both clients and the firm.
A proud fifth generation Texan with AmLaw 200 experience, Joe is a passionate advocate for the Galveston and Houston business communities. His practice also takes him across the state and the country. As a seasoned lawyer, he represents business and individual clients in state and federal courts throughout the U.S. on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants.
Rated AV® Preeminent™ (the highest peer rating – based on legal excellence and ethical standards) by Martindale, Joe represents many of the firm’s largest corporate clients in the U.S. and internationally. Among others, his U.S. clients include American National Insurance Company, United States Automobile Association (USAA), Palladio Industries, Inc., EnerStaff, LLC, and Moody National Bank. Due to his remarkable work and outstanding reputation, Joe has also developed an impressive base of Italian clients including Schiffini Mobili Cucine, S.p.A., Zuchetti, S.p.A., Sisgeo, S.r.l., and Pro-Systems, S.p.A., whom he routinely represents in litigation and transactional matters involving distribution, real estate, shareholder, and contract matters.
- Texas Tech University School of Law – J.D., 1991
- The University of Texas at Austin – B.B.A., 1988 (Finance)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- AV® Preeminent™ rating
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Bay Area Houston Economic Partnership, Houston, Texas
- International Maritime Advisory Committee (2010-present)
- Family Outreach Clear Lake/Bay Area, Advisory Director (2009-2013)
- Clear Creek I.S.D. Distinguished Achievement Program
- Independent Study Mentorship, Mentor (2007-2008, 2013-2014)
- Nasa Area PONY Baseball League, Manager and Coach (2007-2009)
- Nasa Area Little League, Coach (2002-2006)
- City of Nassau Bay, Councilman (2000-2003)
- Nassau Bay Economic Development Corporation
- Director (1999-2000)
- Secretary (1999-2000)
- Protected client’s trade secrets from misappropriation by obtaining permanent injunction against former employee who took and used the information to unfairly compete.
- Successfully prosecuted cases involving the illegal interception and theft of satellite communication signals throughout the country; obtained jury verdicts, bench trial verdicts, and settlements in cases under applicable state and federal telecommunications laws as well as federal copyright laws.
- Successfully defended national life insurance company against alleged violations of Texas law.
- On behalf of real estate developer client, preserved development rights for multi-million-dollar residential community facing improper retroactive application of a newly enacted city ordinance designed to halt project.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of national bank against improper allegations of bank fraud, mail and wire fraud, money laundering, commercial bribery, and RICO conspiracy.
- Successfully defended national corporate client (and maintained on appeal to the Texas Supreme Court) against allegations of fraud, negligence, and breach of contract by arguing against improper application of Texas law.
- Obtained advantageous transfer of venue in patent infringement action against a pacemaker manufacturer relating to alleged infringement of seven patents involving complex electric/medical technology.
- Successfully defended commercial property owner from personal injury and property claims arising out of commercial property fire.
- Successfully represented joint venture member in a breach of contract and fraud dispute with other joint venture members.