John Williamson is member of the firm’s litigation group, and concentrates his time on Commercial Litigation disputes.
John is a proud graduate of Rice University where he played four years of Division I baseball, and studied Political Science. John was drafted in the 23rd round of the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft following his senior year and played three seasons in the Chicago Cubs minor league system, serving as a left-handed relief pitcher. Following his baseball career, he chose to pursue the practice of law, following in his father’s footsteps, who was a successful trial attorney in Houston, Texas. In October 2020, John became eligible for MLBPA certification as a Player Agent. John’s professional sports background and volunteer baseball coaching for West University Little League has helped him achieve a unique perspective on the collaborative, yet competitive, nature of litigation.
John began his career as a student attorney working for two legal clinics, the Consumer Law Clinic and the Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic, where he was able to provide supervised legal services to a variety of clients in the Greater Houston area. John now focuses his legal practice on representing a variety of clients involved in commercial litigation disputes. John has represented both large companies and small businesses, both as plaintiff and defendant. John’s passion is empowering others, and he enjoys doing so through his law practice at Greer Herz and Adams.
- University of Houston Law Center – J.D., Cum Laude
- Rice University – Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill – Master of Public Administration
- Texas (99th percentile UBE score)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Professional Activities & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Obtained, and collected on, a favorable judgment for a litigation client, arising out of a breach of contract claim.
- Obtained a favorable judgment for a litigation client, arising out of a breach of contract and suit on sworn account claim.
- Advised national bank regarding repossession of motor vehicle and warranty issues during resale.
- Secured a favorable settlement on behalf of client regarding DTPA claims related to damaged and/or lost consumer goods.
- Advised local marina regarding legal remedies pertaining to delinquent boat slip payments and transfer of title from Texas Parks and Wildlife.
- Represented homeowner in HOA dispute.
- Obtained a summary judgment for a litigation client, arising out of a personal injury claim.
- Successfully argued a Motion to Transfer Venue on behalf of a defendant in an alleged breach of contract claim.
- Obtained a favorable settlement pre-litigation, arising out of a DTPA claim against a publicly traded corporation.
- Obtained a favorable settlement pre-litigation, arising out of a property damage claim.
- Obtained a favorable settlement pre-litigation, arising out of a property damage claim related to the theft of a catalytic converter.
- Advised corporate client numerous times regarding contestability of life insurance policies.
- Head Coach of Texans 12U Baseball Team