As someone who’s spent her professional life intrigued by words and focused on details, Jillian enjoys the complexity of analyzing and drafting documents in order to efficiently and effectively achieve client goals throughout complex real estate projects.
Jillian’s practice focuses on commercial real estate and mortgage lending, including leases, construction contracts, purchase and sale agreements, loan commitments, and foreclosures, working with properties located all across the United States. Her representations include private developers, institutional mortgage lenders and commercial banks, handling properties such as multi-family residences, office buildings, retail shopping centers, warehouses, and hotels.
Before joining private practice, Jillian served the State of Texas as attorney for the Alamo at the Texas General Land Office, negotiating, drafting, and facilitating contracts related to the preservation of the Shrine of Texas Liberty and our precious state artifacts associated with the site.
Jillian owns five horses and spends her weekends training for and competing in American Saddlebred Horse Association or American Miniature Horse Registry sponsored events.
- SMU Dedman School of Law – J.D., 2017
- University of Texas at Austin – Bachelors of Journalism, 2013
Recognition and/or Publications
- “Purpose | Passion | Progress: Practicing Law as a ‘Practicing’ Equestrian,” published in “Capitalines,” published by the Junior League of Austin (2021).
- “Conviction Based on Bite Mark Thrown Out” published in “The Quad Alumni Magazine,” published by SMU Dedman School of Law (2017).
Professional Activities and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- The Federalist Society – Austin Chapter
- Capitol Republican Women
- The Junior League of Austin