Jennifer is a member of the firm’s commercial litigation department. She is experienced in representing commercial entities and private individuals, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in matters addressing a wide array of allegations and legal theories. Jennifer is committed to a result-oriented and cost-effective practice aimed at solving her client’s legal issues and achieving their business goals. She is well-versed to pursue both complex and common transactions, litigation and regulatory issues.
Prior to joining Greer, Herz & Adams, Jennifer honed her advocacy and litigation skills as an attorney on the West Coast, where she represented and defended employers, insurance carriers, self-insured entities, and third-party administrators in matters brought under the U.S. Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act and its extensions. In that role, she appeared in federal forums across the country and specialized in protecting employers’ and carriers’ civil, subrogation, and credit rights.
Jennifer’s efforts at Greer, Herz & Adams are primarily dedicated to resolving commercial disputes with an emphasis on insurance defense related litigation for a national life insurance company and its subsidiaries, but she devotes a substantial amount of time litigating ad valorem tax disputes and bankruptcy matters, as well as regularly handling a multitude of banking law matters and litigation for financial institutions.
In addition to providing counsel and defense to a national life insurance company and its subsidiaries, Jennifer represents national and community banks in various day to day transactions, litigation, mediations, and bankruptcy. She also represents appraisal districts and property owners in litigation related to ad valorem tax disputes, asserting and defending against challenges to assessments, inappropriate valuations, and pursuit of exemptions, with an emphasis on industrial and commercial properties.
- University of Houston Law Center – J.D., 2006
- University of Houston – B.A., History, summa cum laude, 2003 (History)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Eastern Bankruptcy Court
- Texas Northern Bankruptcy Court
- Texas Southern Bankruptcy Court
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Meals on Wheels
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of national bank client in breach of contract action.
- Successfully defended against attempt by a national corporation defendant to obtain summary judgment against private citizen client in a trespass to real property lawsuit.
- Successfully defended against national automobile insurance company’s attempt to sever and abate client’s personal injury claims.
- Successfully defended national life insurance company against alleged violations of bad faith and breach of contract under California law.
- Successfully defended national property insurance company client against alleged violations of bad faith under Ohio law.