The trusted counsel to a wide variety of public companies, financial institutions and small businesses, Greg Garrison advises his clients on all aspects of their operations – from corporate formation, restructuring, and mergers and acquisitions, to regulatory compliance and corporate governance.
Greg focuses his practice on the negotiation and execution of corporate transactions and advising his business clients on issues related to insurance, banking, securities and other financial regulations. His experience ranges from advising on routine corporate governance matters and commercial contract language to handling multi-million-dollar mergers. Greg has guided clients through the formation, restructuring and termination of a variety of business entities, as well as the negotiation and drafting of all manner of corporate and commercial contracts and documents. His clients rely on his expertise for compliance with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and stock market rules and regulations, state insurance laws and regulations, and federal banking laws and regulations, acquisitions and divestitures. He directly counsels his clients’ directors and officers, including advising the Board Audit Committee of a publicly traded company.
Greg’s loyal and diverse client base includes large publicly traded companies, national banks, broker-dealers, investment advisers, mutual funds, non-profit entities and small businesses.
- The University of Texas School of Law – J.D., 1990
- The University of Texas at Austin Graduate School of Business – M.B.A., 1990
- The University of Texas at Austin – B.A., 1986
Professional Activities and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Hometown Bank, N.A., Board of Directors (2008 – present; member of the Asset-Liability, Audit and Compliance, Dividend, Investment, and Strategic Planning Committees)
- Galveston Housing Authority, Commissioner (2018 – present)
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston Development Board (2013-present)
- Galveston County Salvation Army Advisory Board (2008-2011)
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston Institutional Review Board (2002-2010)
- First Presbyterian Church of Galveston (Board of Trustees, 2007-2009; Session, 2005-2006; Board of Deacons, 2004)
- Advised publicly traded companies on corporate governance matters, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules and regulations, and stock market rules.
- Advised national bank client on federal banking laws and regulations.
- Advised large insurance company clients on state insurance laws and regulations.
- Advised broker-dealers, investment advisers, and mutual funds on Securities and Exchange Commission rules and regulations.
- Represented client in acquisition of holding company owning three insurance company subsidiaries.