The trusted counsel to a wide variety of businesses, foundations and non-profits, Chris Lamm guides his clients through all phases of the business process – from corporate formation and reorganization to mergers and acquisitions, as well as advising them on corporate governance, information security, operational, and regulatory issues.
Chris has broad corporate experience and expertise in the formation, restructuring, termination, sale, and purchasing of organizations and entities, and has negotiated and drafted all manner of corporate agreements and internal policies and procedures. For example, he advised one of his hospitality clients in a restructuring of its numerous companies.
In addition, Chris represents both purchasers and sellers of all sizes in a variety of mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions – both in stock sales and asset sales. Recently, he represented a local beer distributing company client in the sale of its rights and assets to a larger entity.
With respect to IT and privacy law, Chris advises clients on all aspects of information security, including policies and procedures, the regulatory requirements of various federal and state privacy laws, data breach, incident response, provider due diligence, and personal financial and health information privacy and security.
Chris provides counsel on a broad range of corporate governance matters to various for-profit and non-profit entities, regularly attending board meetings of his clients and working closely with their Boards of Directors, Board Committees and corporate officers.
- University of Houston Law Center – J.D. with honors, 2002
- Texas A&M University– B.B.A. with honors, 1999
Professional Activities and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Galveston County Bar Association
- President, Board of Trustees, The Galloway School
- Galveston Island Meals on Wheels, Volunteer
- Represented hospitality industry client in a corporate reorganization.
- Represented client in obtaining a multi-million-dollar settlement of claims.
- Advised and represented client (as the seller) in a multi-million-dollar stock sale.
- Advised and represented client (as the seller) in a multi-million-dollar asset sale.
- Counseled clients in a highly contentious business separation of a professional services firm.
- Advised clients in the drafting and adoption of a comprehensive information security program.