As a former prosecutor with experience investigating consumer and white collar fraud in the Harris County District Attorney’s Office Financial Crimes Division, Chelsi brings a unique skillset and background to her practice as a civil litigator.
Chelsi’s litigation practice is concentrated in commercial litigation, insurance, real estate and employment matters. Her typical caseload includes anything from business or real estate contract disputes to employer/employee issues and ad valorem tax appeals. Chelsi also has extensive experience suing contractors for faulty or incomplete work-product as well as representing contractors in lawsuits against prime and/or subcontractors for failure to perform.
With a friendly yet aggressive approach at the outset of even the smallest dispute, Chelsi seeks to resolve the issues her clients encounter without court intervention as quickly as possible, or, in the alternative, works to expediently move her client’s cases through the court system and on to a swift resolution. Above all, Chelsi serves as a loyal and informed counselor to her clients and champion of their best interests.
A proud Clear Creek High School alumni, Chelsi is thankful to have the opportunity to serve League City and the surrounding communities in which she grew up.
- Texas Tech University School of Law – J.D., cum laude, 2013
- The University of Texas at Austin – B.S., Political Communication, 2010
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Professional Activities and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Harris County Bar Association
- Galveston Young Lawyers Association
- Communities in Schools – Bay Area, Board of Directors
- City of League City, Ethics Review Board (2019-2023)
- Texas Orange Jackets Alumnae Network
- Clear Creek Independent School District
- Independent Study Mentorship, Clear Creek High School Mentor (Spring, 2019)
- Citizens Financial Advisory Committee, Member (2018-2019)
- School Safety Advisory Committee (2022)
- Inside CCISD Class of 2022-2023
- District Education Improvement Committee (2022-2024)
- Obtained a conviction in a multi-victim securities fraud case involving the sale of fraudulent oil and gas interests across the State of Texas.
- Investigated, indicted, and prosecuted numerous post-Hurricane Harvey contractors who took advantage of Harris County Residents.
- Successfully defended client in dispute involving undisclosed issues impacting residential home value, avoiding litigation and recovering the client’s earnest money.
- Careful Cutting Too Many Ties: Issues with Establishing a Parent-Child Relationship Via Adult Adoption in Texas and a Potential Solution (5 Est. Plan. & Community Prop. L.J. 171)