Greer, Herz & Adams, LLP’s attorneys provide trusted counsel for foundations, nonprofits, charitable organizations and for-profit companies engaged in philanthropic activities. Our attorneys’ expertise includes helping these organizations preserve, grow and manage their assets, as well as establish operating guidelines and frameworks for compliance and governance.
In addition to advising on issues specific to foundations and nonprofits, our team offers a full range of legal, transactional and litigation services for clients focused on promoting the welfare of others.
We are proud of the long-term relationships we have built with our clients, which includes established groups with more than $2 billion in assets and important educational and research commitments to the community.
The range of services provided by our attorneys includes:
- Formation, organization and incorporation;
- Governance, control issues, bylaws, and regulatory compliance;
- Counsel regarding board structure, composition, roles and responsibilities;
- Corporate philanthropy;
- Advice regarding best practices for client board members, including conflicts of interest; and
- Intellectual property, transactions, insurance, real estate, finance and litigation counsel pertaining to foundations and nonprofits.