Stephen G. Schulz
Real Estate Development Law
Stephen G. Schulz is a partner in the Galveston office of Greer, Herz & Adams, L.L.P. where his primary areas of practice are municipal law, real estate development law and community association law. He is currently City Attorney for the City of Jamaica Beach and has served as special counsel to the City of Galveston on select matters.
Steve, as he is known, has participated in the development approval process for many major subdivisions and master-planned communities located on Galveston Island including Beachtown Galveston and the Preserve at West Beach, a 1,000 plus acre master-planned community.
Steve represents large and small subdivision and condominium homeowner associations and is the long-time president and board member of his own subdivision homeowner association.
- The University of Texas School of Law - J.D., 1976
- Rice University - B.A., magna cum laude, 1973
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel, charter member
- City Attorney for Jamaica Beach, Texas
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone 12, City of Galveston, Chairman (2001 to present)
- Galveston Economic Development Partnership Housing and Real Estate Task Force, Chairman
- Comprehensive Plan Update Committee, City of Galveston, Member
- West End Land Use Policy Committee, City of Galveston, Member
- Boy Scouts of America, Member of the Executive Board of Bay Area Council