Sean A. Monticello
Sean Monticello is a partner in the Galveston office of Greer, Herz & Adams, L.L.P. He concentrates his practice in corporate transactions, securities regulation, financial regulatory compliance and corporate governance.
Sean’s clients have included large publicly traded companies, nonprofit entities, small businesses, entrepreneurs, health care providers and special purpose entities. His experience includes the formation and termination of various types of business entities, the negotiation and drafting of corporate and commercial contracts, corporate restructurings, registration and reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, compliance with rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the NASDAQ Stock Market, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate compliance and ethics, and counseling corporate directors and officers.
In addition, Sean has represented insurance companies, investment advisers, broker-dealers and mutual funds in various regulatory compliance matters, including registrations and licensing, terminations, asset sales, reporting obligations and regulatory examinations.
- The University of Texas School of Law – J.D., with honors, 1999
- McNeese State University– B.A. and B.S., summa cum laude, 1996
Recognition and/or Publications
- “Subafilms Revisited: The Case for Imposing Liability on Domestic Authorizers of Extraterritorial Copyright Infringement,” – The Journal of Intellectual Property, Spring 1999
Professional Activities and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Creekside Intermediate Band Boosters