Meredith M. Bates
Real Estate Law
Real Estate Finance
Meredith Bates is a real estate partner in the Bay Area Houston office of Greer, Herz & Adams, L.L.P. She focuses her practice on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including leases (retail, office, industrial, warehouse, and ground leases), purchase and sale agreements, development agreements, construction contracts, management agreements, and related due diligence matters. She also represents borrowers and lenders in (i) interim, permanent, and construction financing secured by real estate, (ii) mezzanine and related forms of financing, and (iii) debt restructuring, workouts, and problem loans.
Meredith’s representations include a large commercial bank as administrative agent in $100 million syndicated real estate construction loan facility, various commercial banks and life companies in interim, permanent and construction financing, and representation of a life company in the acquisition and sale of real estate improved with retail centers, industrial parks and office buildings.
Meredith is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She has been selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars® by Thomson Reuters (Real Estate) from 2008-2013.
- Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- South Texas College of Law – J.D., summa cum laude, 2002
- Editor-in-Chief, South Texas Law Review, 2002
- University of Arkansas – B.S., magna cum laude, 1997
Professional Activities and Memberships
- NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Board of Directors of Celebration Women’s Ministry, Inc.
- Friendswood United Methodist Church, member
- PugHearts of Houston Pug Rescue, volunteer