Formed over 80 years ago on Galveston Island, Greer, Herz & Adams, L.L.P. has grown from an insurance and real estate law firm with three attorneys to a full-service law firm with over 35 attorneys and offices in Galveston, the Bay Area Houston, and Houston.
We offer a diverse range of professional legal services from sophisticated civil trial and appellate practice for both plaintiffs and defendants to complex corporate, lending and development transactions.
Our primary practice areas include:
- Insurance & Annuity Law
- Commercial & Securities Litigation & Appellate Law
- Corporate, Securities & Regulatory Services Law
- Commercial & Residential Real Estate Law
- Health Law
- Banking Law
- Foundations & Non-Profit Corporations Law
- Probate, Wills & Estates
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Bankruptcy Litigation & Creditor Rights Law
- Computer & Technology Law
Our clients, which include insurance companies, investment advisors, charitable foundations, real estate developers, and banks, rely on our representation in courts, with regulatory agencies and in diverse matters throughout the country.
Our attorneys are assisted by a well-trained professional support staff, including paralegals, professional legal secretaries, and support personnel. In addition, attorneys and staff utilize a variety of emerging technologies to provide efficient communications and customer service.
Our professionalism and expertise have resulted in being named General Counsel or Primary Counsel by a number of our clients, including:
American National Insurance Company, a diversified insurance and financial services company with over $22 billion in assets
The Moody Foundation, one of the largest charitable foundations in Texas with assets exceeding $1 billion
Moody Gardens, Inc., a non-profit corporation that operates the Moody Gardens complex on Galveston Island, a 242 acre educational and recreational facility
Moody National Bank, a nationally chartered bank founded in 1907. With assets of nearly $1 billion, it is one of the oldest and largest privately owned Texas-based banks, offering a full range of commercial and consumer banking products, as well as trust and investment banking services
Transitional Learning Center at Galveston, one of the world’s leading facilities in providing treatment, rehabilitation, and research in the field of post-acute brain injury
Other representative clients include:
- ACME, S.r.l
- American National Property and Casualty Company
- Beachtown Galveston Corporation
- City of Jamaica Beach
- DPB Properties, Inc.
- DIRECTV, Inc.
- EnerStaff, LLC
- Farm Family Life Insurance Company
- Frost National Bank
- Galveston Central Appraisal District
- Galveston Historical Foundation
- HMH Energy Services, LLC
- Island Famous, Inc.
- Island Yard Byrds, Inc.
- Kempner Capital Management, Inc.
- Marquette Companies
- National Western Life Insurance Company
- Pirates Property Owners Association
- Robert L. Moody Interests
- Schiffini Mobili Cucine, S.p.A.
- Sisgeo, S.r.l
- South Shore Harbour Marina
- Waterford Harbor Marina
- The Westcap Corporation (of Delaware)
- West Galveston Island Property Owners Association
- Zucchetti, S.p.A.
We are proud of the counsel/representation we have provided our many clients for almost 80 years. Our strength and professional reputation are evidence of the superior representation provided to every client.